My family

Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Summer 2011

This summer has been a little exciting and a little boring at the same time. My 6 yo was in kindergarten and this is first official summer break and will be going to 1st grade this coming August! We have gone to a couple lakes and to the local fair to keep them busy. I am hoping to do a little more before school starts. My youngest will be a year in September and I would love to take him and my daughter to the zoo for the first time! I hate when you have all these fun activities in your mind all planned that you want to do and finances or health issues keep you from doing them. It makes me feel so bad but I know that it is temporary and the kids are young! I try not to feel guilty or a bad parent about it but sometimes I just can't not feel like that. My kids are so important to me and I know they get everything they need but I do feel like I have failed at not doing or getting things that they want sometimes. I always tell myself that I don't want to be like my parents and put everything before doing things that make life a little more fun. I'm not saying that I don't want to pay bills or have food in the house. I am talking about letting loose and not being so worried all the time. Take a day and just have fun with my kids. It is really hard most days being at home all day and sometimes not having a car makes my days with three kids go by so slow. I know that I am going to finish college and will hopefully become a pre-school/kindergarten teacher and won't be at home all day. Don't get me wrong I love being at home with my kids but I sacrifice a lot to be home with them and that includes not having a lot of extra money to do all the things I would love to do. I know there's other sahm's that can relate but I do feel alone sometimes.

No comments:

Post a Comment